3D-Design. 10′ x 3′. Tyvec Paper. Glue. Tape. 3/7/2014
1. It can easily be relocated into a different spot; there is room for adjustments so that the sculpture can be placed without it falling over. Also with the concept of nature, it could be transformed into a different type of tree or large plant.
2. The strength of the pieces could not be held together on their own without support. We needed to use a time PBC tube as a support structure to ensure that the sculpture would not fall apart.
3. The modules of the sculpture are scaled perfectly to mimic the size of a real stock of bamboo
4. Yes, the building of the sculpture gives of the aesthetic of a real bamboo stock
5. The structure of the pieces helps the whole sculpture stand in place. The height of the tube support being wedged between the floor and ceiling of the 3rd floor lounge in SET is supported perfectly so that the base won’t move.
6. We were successful in creating a sculpture that is representable to a piece of bamboo. The pattern of the pieces is just like that of a stock in a forest.
7. The aesthetic of the sculpture looks good with the pandas on the opposite side of the bamboo and the reducing sizes as they climb it, showing a metaphor or the declining population of pandas throughout the years. The sculpture can be improved by adding more stocks of bamboo to give the appearance of a forest, rather than just the single stock with the pandas. Other improvements of the sculpture would be to provide extra support so that it would be sturdier and not fall easily.